Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Remembering What's Important

This topic is a little bit removed from what I usually post about, but these stories are so poignant and touching that I wanted to share them with you. It's lives such as these that remind me to wake up and pay attention to what's really important; to savor my relationships and grow my faith while I'm blessed to walk on this earth. These women are true heroes, living courageously and joyfully in the face of their illnesses.

A friend recently shared this with me, she and her husband having known Amy's husband during college:http://www.kare11.com/news/investigative/extras/extra_article.aspx?storyid=519872&catid=26

This story has inspired and spoken to many in the Orthodox Christian Church during the last few years, as well as to many others:

http://www.conciliarpress.com/products/Lynette_s_Hope_The_Witness_of_Lynette_Katherine_Hoppe_s-478-0.html

May they inspire us to pray for them and their families, as well as awaken our commitment to lives well-lived.

No comments: